Thursday 20 September 2012

Steinway Model D


This is a pretty well known model of piano, frequently seen at concerts and often characters from NBC's quality comedy show "Frasier" would gather round while one of them performed the theme from Wings or something.

I made this for printing, for a museum piece. Actually thought I'd lost it but turned out I had it on a backup disk. I only completed the exterior, as a craftsman was hand building a miniature soundboard for it - the final printed and completed exhibit was 1/4 scale. From the attachment angle it basically looks finished, but the inside is completely empty!

So i'm going to build and fit my own highly detailed soundboard, and refine some of the rough edges on the brass pieces and so on, perhaps map it so I can add textures for grime and dirt etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment